Medical and Nursing Home Malpractice
- $3.5 million dollar recovery for a client who suffered a severe brain injury after undergoing surgery for a congenital heart defect. Plaintiff’s experts opined that he was subjected to a riskier procedure when less risky surgical options were available to treat his condition.
- $3.175 million for a Plaintiff who suffered a hemorrhagic stroke after the hospital failed to properly diagnose a brain bleed suffered from a fall.
- $2 million dollar recovery for a child born prematurely who suffered a grade IV intraventricular hemorrage and developed cerebral palsy.
- $1 million dollar verdict for a patient who suffered an anoxic brain injury after the hospital staff failed to carry out a physician’s order that the patient receive C-Pap.
- $1,150,000 recover from a family practice physician who was managing the antepartum care for a mother carrying twins and who failed to provide proper care while the mother was in labor. The doctor’s negligence resulted in one twin baby suffering a grade IV intraventricular hemorrhage and developing cerebral palsy.
- $250,000 recovery from a nursing home in southern Iowa on behalf of the family of a nursing home resident who died after becoming dehydrated and hypernatremic.
- $300,000 recovery for client from her doctor and the hospital for failing to properly diagnose and timely treat her cauda equine syndrome and she presented to the hospital with severe low back pain and numbness in her left leg.
- $200,000 recovery for nursing home resident who fell and fractured her right hip after being give the wrong medication which caused her to become weak and lethargic.
- $950,000 recovery for a client who suffered a brain injury as a result of an intraventricular hemorrhage caused by her doctor’s negligent prescription of Bactrim while taking Coumadin.
- $300,000 recovery for the estate of an individual who was negligently prescribed fentanyl after he had developed an addition to pain medication and died as a result of an overdose.
- $500,000 verdict for the estate of a 89 year old individual who was dropped from a gurney while being transported from a nursing home to the hospital and suffered a brain bleed causing his death.
Motor Vehicle Accidents and Other Personal Injury
- $125,000 recovery for a client who was suffered a hip fracture when he was struck by a car while jogging. The car failed to stop at a stop light before attempting to make a right hand turn and struck our client as he was attempting to cross the street.
- $1 million dollar recover for a client who suffered a brain injury after being struck by a pick-up truck with a snow plow attached. The driver of the pick-up ran a red light causing the collision and then fled the scene of the accident.
- $1.2 million dollar recovery for driver of a vehicle who was struck from behind by a speeding vehicle on I-80 causing her vehicle to lose control and role several times. Our client was thrown from the vehicle and as a result suffered numerous fractures and a closed head injury.
- $75,000 recovery for client against an apartment complex who failed to repair a hole on its property. Plaintiff stepped in the hole during the evening hours and suffered a meniscus tear to her knee.
- $1 million dollar verdict for a former high school football player who suffered a brain injury from continuing to participate in football practice after suffering a concussion at practice during the previous days. He reported his symptoms to the school nurse who neglected to remove him from further practices and failed to follow up to ensure that the student was seen by a physician prior to participating in football practice.
- $75,000 recovery from an elementary school for a student who suffered an eye injury when another student used a rubber band to shoot a pencil across the school hallway which struck our client in the eye. We asserted on behalf of our client that the elementary school failed in properly supervising the students while they were in the hallway.
- $700,000 recovery for a client who suffered a fractured femur which necessitated surgical repair. Client was struck by a semi-truck that failed to stop at a stop sign on a rural highway.
- $1.2 million dollar recovery for client who required amputation of his lower leg after being severely injured in a motorcycle accident where another driver failed to see him and pulled out onto a highway and struck the motorcyclist.
- $100,000 verdict (defendant offered $20,000 prior to trial) for a client who slipped and fell on ice at a condominium complex. The ice was caused by a drain spout that drained on to the sidewalk and caused ice to form on the walkway during the winter months
- $200,000 recovery for a motorcycle rider who suffered femur and ankle fractures as a result of a collision with a car that did not see the motorcycle on the highway and pulled out in front of it.
- 1.05 million dollar recovery for a client who suffered paralysis to his lower body after being involved in car / semi-truck collision. Although the initial facts of this collision were that our client pulled out on a highway in front of the semi truck, we were ultimately able to establish through expert testimony that the semi truck was traveling in excess of the speed limit and that the semi truck’s speed was a factor in causing the collision.
- $250,000 recovery for a client who was rear ended by the driver of a pickup truck. The collision resulted in our client suffering a left sided isthmic spondylolysis which necessitated lumbar fusion between L5 and S1.
- $250,000 recovery for a young girl who was attacked and bitten by a dog and suffered facial scarring as a result.
- $200,000 recovery for a client who was injured in a motorcycle accident and suffered a rotator cuff tear that necessitated surgical repair.
- $100,000 recovery for a passenger in a vehicle that was struck by a drunk driver. Our client suffered a wrist fracture that required surgical repair.
- $80,000 recovery from any employer of an airline support service employee who injured his back while carrying a fuel hose to an airplane during the refueling process.
- $105,000 recovery for an employee who suffered a torn rotator cuff when he slipped and fell on ice in the employer’s parking lot.
- $80,000.00 recovery for employee who was struck in the back of the head with a tire while working which resulted in the employee suffering a herniated disc.
- $100,000 for employee of hospital who slipped and fell on ice in the hospital parking lot and suffering a herniated disc in her lower back.